Scarlet City Studios recently announced the release of the second episode of The Aetherlight: Chronicles of the Resistance for August 5, 2016. The game is currently available on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
This episode will be entitled, “Episode 2: The Resistance Takes Flight”. It will retell the story of Jacob and Esau through the Resistance’s fight against Usurper in an effort to save the world of Aethasia.
The Aetherlight is partnered with the American Bible Society, and endorsed by the kidSAFE COPPA Certified Seal Program. The game officially launched May 2016, and has found a growing preteen and family audience with a “unique blend of adventure gameplay and allegorical retellings of Bible stories set in an exciting steampunk world”.
Scarlet City Studios vision is to engage players with the Bible to inspire outworking in their lives, their families, communities, national and international causes. As such, Scarlet City Studios brought together the in-game story with biblical narrative and real-world mission by launching The Aetherlight: Companion Engines App.
They are releasing it with the second episode, and it walks players through biblical text, scriptural parallels and historical contexts. By doing so, they hope to ignite player’s imaginations, and more them towards practical applications.
Players currently with an Aetherlight account will for a limited time have an opportunity to try The Aetherlight Companion Engines App for free. The Companion Engines act as incentives for players by granting them access upon completion to in-game outfits and weapons.
The app will be available through iOS and Android via the App Store and Google Play.
Also, as part of the Episode 2 launch, The Aetherlight Bible NLT which serves as a companion Bible around the game, will be available August 1 through Tyndale House Publishers. Readers will learn to connect the dots between the game’s familiar characters and biblical characters.
What Is It About?
Episode 2: The Resistance Takes Flight sees the fledgling Resistance set out to power more of the Great Engines around No Man’s Landing. To do this, players will need to enlist the help of two volatile brothers, racers in the Aethasian underground Airship Racing League. When the racing partnership falls apart, a new team will be needed to get the Resistance in the air by any means necessary. It’s a race against time to retrofit a new ship that’s stranded on the “Flying L” — a floating pit stop with airship racers, swindlers, and a serious goat problem!
Additional Episode 2 Details
- New locations including Team Edmund’s Racing Pits and the “Flying L”
- New Weapons including the infamous Rocket Hammer and the Oil Spitter
- A cast of new characters and old favorites
(Excerpted from Hoganson Media)
Episodes will be available for $9.99 per episode.
For further information, please visit www.theaetherlight.com
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019