Ark Encounter founder offered public schools free admission after Wisconsin-based atheist group, Freedom From Religion Foundation, warned public schools that both the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter Park had an “overtly religious atmosphere”.
CBN News says that Freedom From Religion Foundation sent out over 1,000 letters to school districts in five states warning them not to attend these Christian attractions saying, “Public schools cannot organize trips for students to either the Creation Museum or the Ark Park. It is unacceptable to expose a captive audience of impressionable students to the overtly religious atmosphere of (Ken) Ham’s Christian theme parks.”
Simply put, they warned schools that attendance would be unconstitutional.
Ark Encounter Founder Fights Back
Ark Encounter founder, Ken Ham, soon heard the news about the FFRF’s letters to the school district, and quickly responded. He said that he would not stand for their “bullying and intimidation”, and offered free admission to all public school teachers and students that came for official public school trips.
Ham informed Fox News that “”The atheist groups like American Atheists and the Freedom From Religion Foundation have been increasingly aggressive to restrict the free exercise of religion — particularly Christianity — and they’ve tried to brainwash people with an interpretation of the First Amendment…it does not mean that Christians are second class citizens.”
Ham explains that as long as educators inform their students to examine the attraction through an educational perspective, and they can choose not to believe everything they see, they are within their rights.
Ham additionally challenged schools by saying, “And if they do sue them, we have expert attorneys who are willing to defend them in court and I’d like to see a test case go to the Supreme Court and stop this nonsense from these atheist groups who try to outlaw Christian influence in this nation.”
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019