Strange Coincidence, or Fulfillment of a Prophesy?
“On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the Dead Sea and the other half to the Mediterranean Sea. This will happen for the summer as well as the winter” Zechariah 14:8.
Last week, Samantha Seigel, a Jerusalem-based artisan baker, discovered the existence of freshwater ponds on the shores of the Dead Sea with fish swimming in its waters. Siegel feels the appearance of living creatures is more than just an amazing phenomenon, but a fulfillment of a prophesy found according to Ezekiel.
“He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah, where it enters the Dead Sea. When it empties into the sea, the salty water there becomes fresh. 9 Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live.” Ezekiel 47:8-9 NIV
It is said that the presence of fish in a place that has been deemed barren indicates a return to life.
“With the renewal of life in the Dead Sea, as evidenced by the teeming fish, there’s a strong message that the Jordan Valley will once again be as ‘God’s garden’; it will return to the status it once had prior to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah that transformed the beautiful valley into a wasteland,” she said to Breaking Israel News.
Seigel also commented that the evidence of fish swimming through the waters proves that this is the beginning of a shift towards ultimate repair. She believes that she has found “indisputable evidence” of prophetic fulfillment proving that the wasteland will become a flourishing, fruitful place similar to the times of Lot.
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019