Former Veteran Is Proud Of His Patriotism- Democrats Feel Otherwise
The source of “outrage” is an old Facebook post showing a picture of Mark Salvas and his wife with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”
Salvas was the former executive director of the Allegheny County Democratic Party in Pennsylvania. His comments on Facebook were a reaction to the NFL kneeling controversy. He felt that players should be able to kneel.
“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” Salvas said to ChristianHeadlines.com
Despite being dismayed at having been forced to resign, Salvas says that he has no regrets.
“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” the former executive director, Mark Salvas, told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.
Salvas served during the Gulf War.
In an interview with KDKA, Salvas stated that he was forced to resign due to the “controversy that was taking place on social media”. He mentions with sadness that many people whom he never met became accusatory, and began to call him names.
Ed Gainey, who is the Pennsylvania state representative, commented that the post offended many Democrats.
“To put that up on Facebook was, to me, insensitive, also to African Americans, who, as you know, have backed the Democratic Party for quite a long time, and everybody knows that it was insensitive,” Gainey told KDKA. “If you’re going to be executive director of the Democratic Party, you have to be sensitive to things like that.”
Video from his interview with KDKA can be viewed: https://cbsloc.al/2A3W8HK
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019