If you’ve been married for a long time, or known of a couple who has been married for a long time, one of the most common asked questions is, “What is the key to your success?”.
No one enters into a marriage with the thought that if it doesn’t work, I can get a divorce. We enter into it with the intent that we will grow old together, and with a sense of commitment. Unfortunately, life and circumstances creep into our marriages, and without being equipped with the proper tools, many marriages simply dissolve- about 50% of them. According to marriage.com, the top reasons for divorce are cited as follows:
- Lack of Communication
- Constant Arguing
- Weight Gain/Problems with Intimacy
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Lack of Intimacy
- Lack of Equality
- Not Being Prepared
In our March issue, we address these common issues in marriage. We take these common challenges back to the Bible and demonstrate that there is no situation that God cannot repair in a marriage. Often, simple solutions, honest, open communication, and a willing attitude are enough to put a marriage back on the road to success. Also, in addition to addressing these issues, we’ve added a few of our own! We’ve chosen to address how husbands and wives should treat each other- really treat each other according to scripture. Often, how we are taught to treat each other by the world is only a recipe for disaster in terms of marriage. Unfortunately, most couples are not taught the biblical roles that they should play in marriage, and why this is so. For some, it may sound out-dated and old-fashioned. However, if you are honest, it may be the source of your unhappiness.
Love your spouse? Want to know the keys to having that long-lasting marriage where you are head-over-heels in love with each other? Read our next issue coming out on February 26, 2018!
Don’t want to miss the issue? Sign up for our free subscription and have it delivered straight to your inbox!
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019