Are We Showing Our Children The Best for Their Marriage?
If we want only the best for our children, why wouldn’t we be examples of a godly marriage ourselves? As parents, we cannot afford to be “do as I say, not as I do” people. It is not enough to tell our children what the Bible says and expect them to obey it. We need to be shining examples of God’s Word ourselves- not only to our children, but to others as well.
Scripture tells us to train up a child in the way he should go, but it also tells us to be doers of the Word. This means that we do as the Bible instructs as living examples of God’s goodness. If we want our children to have good marriages, we must set the example of what a godly marriage looks like for ourselves. Otherwise, how are we training our children up in the Word? All we are doing by not following the Word is making ourselves look like hypocrites in our children’s eyes.
And a wonderful thing happens to our marriage when we follow God’s outline for it: there is harmony in the home. Children flourish in an environment of peace and harmony, which is exactly what happens when we allow God into the equation. Our homes are no longer filled with strife, silence, or fighting, but with God’s peace. Who wouldn’t want to grow up in an environment where mom and dad both show a Christ-like love for each other?
So How Do We Show Our Children What A Godly Marriage Looks Like?
John Lysaught shows readers what a godly marriage looks like, and will instruct you on how to walk it out in your own marriage. He discusses the importance of being an example of this to your children, and how much further ahead they will be for our obedience.
Plus there are benefits to couples too, of course! 🙂
This articles and more in our March issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out on February 26!
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019