Scripture says that God has a plan and purpose for your life. We pray about God’s plans for us, and we are excited when we hear His voice!
Filled with confidence that the road ahead will be joyous and blessed, we plunge forward with all of our might in wonder at what our future will hold only to discover… opposition?
After awhile discouragement begins to set in as we feel like a hamster running in a wheel and we begin to wonder whether or not we heard from God in the first place.
Ever been there?
Do not loose heart, as several things could be in operation:
- You may have indeed heard from God about His plan and purpose for your life. However, in your zeal, you may have forgotten to ask when as everything is in God’s timing. What He may have shown you could have been down the road- not necessarily now.
- It may be for now, and things start out well. However, after a time, you find that you are coming up against inexplicable opposition such as suddenly clients begin to fall off, money is a bit tight, a lawsuit wherein you were not in the wrong, etc. This is when you know that your future is big, and Satan is trying to keep you off track to prevent God from receiving the glory.
- You are on the wrong track- even if it may be slightly- and God is trying to get your attention. We’ve all missed it at times!
So how can you tell the difference? Many of these things seem like a guessing game, but we know that God is not the author of confusion. If He promised it, we know that it will happen.
Nichel Hilman will discuss how to discern between the “not right now”, “the threat to Satan”, and the “oops! I missed it!” in our April issue. She will bring clarity to this issue to help you to discern how to move forward, and what to do in the face of opposition.
Our next issue will be released March 27, 2017.
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019