Dubbed, “the ultimate deal”, President Trump and his advisors are drafting a Middle East peace plan in hopes of ending the bitter land dispute between Israel and Palestine.
The New York Times says the plan in anticipated to exceed previous frameworks offered by the United States government. This comes after Trump’s team has invested in ten months educating themselves on the complexities of the dispute between these two regions. They hope that what they have learned they can incorporate into tangible steps that will lead to a resolution to this “stalemate”.
President Trump’s Israeli-Palestinian peace plan addresses the status of Jerusalem and settlements along the West Bank. Trump has not committed to a Palestinian state, and many analysts speculate that the peace plan will involve a two-state solution.
The President’s Chief Negotiator, Jason Greenblatt commented that they are not going to place an artificial timeline on the presentation of ideas, and vows they will never impose a deal. He says their ultimate goal is to encourage a lasting peace agreement to improve the lives of those inhabiting this region, but not to do it forcibly.
The peace plan has been assigned to senior advisor, Jared Kushner. Other members on the team are Jason Greenblatt, Dina Powell, a deputy national security adviser, and David Friedman, the ambassador to Israel. The team is consulting the consul general in Jerusalem in addition to those from the U.S. State Department and National Security Council.
Historically, when Israel became a nation in 1948, a dispute over land erupted. Israelis and Palestinians both claim a right to the land based on their individual religions. Attempts at conflict resolution to date have been unsuccessful as division of land between the two areas have proven challenging.
The last attempt at a peace talk was in 2014 with President Obama. It, too, resulted in an unsuccessful deal.
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019