The desire to find “the one” that we were meant to spend the rest of our lives with can dominate our thoughts… especially if the desire to get married is strong. There is nothing wrong with this, and it is perfectly normal to long for the one that God has chosen for you to marry. However, when you don’t know who you are in Christ, or you carry baggage from past relationships (or simply the past) it can weigh us down and effect our judgement. When our perceptions of ourselves are skewed, so is our ability to see and discern others for what they truly are- and there can be a danger in this.
If we don’t see ourselves as God sees us, or we are carry pain from past relationships, it can make us targets for toxic relationships. When we have low self-esteem, for example, we can fall for people that perpetuate our feelings of low self-worth because we, ourselves, don’t feel like we are worthy of anything better. We end up in relationships that are destructive, and that erode our self-worth. If we know that God only wants the best for His children, we need to rely on Him to bring that special person to us- not to seek it on our own. God will find the person that is worthy of being with His son/daughter- and He can heal our brokenness as well. We end up seeing ourselves as God sees us, thereby you begin to know who you are in Christ.
Helen Murray will discuss what happens when we are confident in who we are in Christ, and the impact that has in a marriage. She will also discuss what happens when we don’t know our identity in Him, and how it effects our decision-making skills when it comes time to find our future spouse.
Learn how to either strengthen your existing marriage (everyone NEEDS to know who you are in Christ), and how to enter into a marriage whole and happy with who you are. After all, God created you to be unique, and you are special in His eyes. Your (future) spouse needs to see that uniqueness in you, and be able to bring out the best in you. A good spouse is an encourager, a supporter, and someone who will always be there. If they aren’t, you need to ask God why.
Our June issue comes out on May 28th, 2018!
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019