By Andrew Brunet
How would you feel if you entered into a world with only Christ-like emotions?
MercyMe brings all of the Christ-like emotions together on their album called “Welcome to The New”.
MercyMe formed in Greenville, Texas, and consists of vocalist Bart Millard, keyboardist James Bryson, percussionist Robby Shaffer, bassist Nathan Cochran and guitarists Michael Scheuchzer and Barry Graul.
Since 1994, they have recorded 8 studio albums, two compilation albums, one video album, eighteen singles and garnered one guest appearance. Some familiar songs are: “All of Creation“, “I Can Only Imagine” and “Word of God Speak“.
On MercyMe’s “Welcome to the New” album, you will hear songs like “Shake“, “Greater“, and the cover song, “Welcome to the New“. The music accompaniment provides a great, fast and uplifting beat and it instantly caught my attention. It’s amazing how quick the music was played on the song “Shake“! It will lead you to automatically start dancing or praising God. MercyMe has definitely changed their sound since the last time I heard their album.
The change is good. They are more like a rock band now and play more upbeat songs than slow. If I had to rate this CD, I would give it a 10, due to the quality of the music in the background and the description of the lyrics. I love how most of the lyrics describe how wonderful and how majestic God is!
MercyMe’s Welcome to the New will uplift you and help you to praise God more. This album is not only for adults and teenagers, but it for any Christian family. Please go out and support MercyMe by going to their website and buy their new album.
The website is http://www.mercyme.com
Also available on iTunes.
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019