Millions of people across America are recognizing this year’s National Day of Prayer with events scheduled nationwide. The main National Day of Prayer event is occurring Thursday night inside the US Capitol.
This year’s theme, which was revealed to Faith Filled Family Magazine by the president, Pastor Ronnie Floyd in an interview, was unity in America.
Floyd told CBN News that, “We live in a time that is so divided. Polarization is at an all-time high, and as followers of Christ, if we’re Jesus followers, we need to lead the way in doing everything we can of walking in unity together.”
Floyd says that politics will not heal Americans, and that government cannot fix us. Only a massive prayer movement can bring healing to Americans. The National Day of Prayer was designed to unite Christians to corporately pray over the county’s future.
“We are calling on America to pray for America,” continued Floyd.
Floyd is leading prayers for unity, tonight, inside the nation’s Capitol with Priscilla Shirer, Congressman Mark Walker (R-NC), and Dr. James Dobson.
Pastor Frank Pomeroy and his wife, Sherri, are designated to be special guests at the event taking place tonight. They will testify about the power of prayer after a shooter entered into their church last November killing 26 people- including their own daughter. Pastor Frank will also lead in prayer over all the churches, schools, and public settings across America. He will pray a hedge of protection around them.
Additionally, for a second year in a row, President Donald Trump will host faith leaders in the Rose Garden in recognition of the day dedicated to praying over the country.
“I’m sure, knowing the president, there will be something that will help us to go forward in our nation about those matters that most Believers are concerned about in life today,” said Floyd.
Floyd is passionate about unity for America. He firmly believes that it needs to begin with Christians crying out to God, and proclaiming the gospel. We are all hoping this year’s National Day of Prayer will be impactful all across the nation, and that we will see a movement of God.
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019