Last week, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, Canada ruled that a fourteen year-old girl can receive testosterone (hormone) injections without parental consent.
Father Not Happy About Lack of Parental Consent Over Major Decision
Initially, the mother was fine with the treatment, but the father was concerned and wanted to wait until the girl was more mature before making such an important decision.
Hursh said that under the BC Infants Act he could complete the hormone treatments with the girl’s consent. However, the girl’s father placed an injunction.
The Supreme Court ruled that the girl could exclusively consent to treatment for gender dysphoria.
“Attempting to persuade [the girl, identified by a pseudonym, Maxine] to abandon treatment for gender dysphoria; addressing [Maxine] by his birth name; referring to [Maxine] as a girl or with female pronouns whether to him directly or to third parties; shall be considered to be family violence under s. 38 of the Family Law Act.”
The father was not happy, however, and had indicated that he felt the government had taken over his parental rights over his child.
He claims that they are using the girl as if she is a “guinea pig in an experiment”. He additionally pointed out whether BC Children’s Hospital is going to be around in five years when she rejects her male identity.
He commented that the hospitals don’t care, and that they are only interested in statistics.
The family will be appealing the case, and was willing to take it to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019