We hear continually that stress is part of our daily living- both good and bad. The question is, should it be?
As a society, we have accepted that stress is unavoidable. Yet did Jesus ever exhibit signs of stress? Think about it- He was continually persecuted without cause, mocked, beaten, in charge of teaching unbelievers, and He died for our sins. His life is a really “tall order”. In today’s world, we would say that He had a lot of “weight on His shoulders”. We would expect to see stress- but He wasn’t. Jesus had more responsibility than we would probably ever take on- yet was completely at peace.
The only time we see Him struggle is just before the crucifixion, yet He still chooses to complete His destiny. During the crucifixion, when He could be angry or try to defend Himself, He remains quiet and peaceful fully understanding His purpose. For everything that Jesus endured, He remained in peace.
So, with Jesus as our example, should we be stressed- either good or bad? The even bigger question becomes how do we avoid it? How do we “de-stress”?
The answer is not as complicated as we make it out to be. It does not involve retreating, going on vacation, “me” time, meditation, deep breathing, or anything like that. You don’t have to spend money (really) as it is free.
Freedom from stress is yours, it’s free, and it’s simple. Ready for the solution?
To find the wisdom you seek, read our August issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out July 26th. Your life will be transformed!
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019