Did You Know…
- 46% of teens would alter their online actions if their parents were more attentive.
- 80% of parents report that they do know how to monitor their children’s online activities.
- 33% of parents say they are concerned or have questions about their child’s technology usage over the past year.
- 88% of teens believe that social networks (Facebook) are safe, and continually post personal information.
Matt McKee’s is the author of Parent Chat: The Technology Talk for Every Family- a book that discusses how parents can oversee their child’s usage of technology and protect them against the wiles of the world. His story and journey began with this moment (excerpt taken from Biscuit Media Group)
This sparked Matt’s determination to begin a career discussing leveraging technology to make a difference. Matt describes himself and a “serial entrepreneur” who despite failing four times, he has also had several successful exits.
Matt is the founder and CEO of The Spire Firm, and also authored, “Be Social: The Social Media Handbook”. He is a Strategy Consultant for The reThink Group and an Advisory Board member with Disney.
- What questions to ask.
- What matters most.
- How to combat the fear that accompanies with their child knowing more about technology than they do.
This book allows parents to monitor what their children are doing, and keep them safe without the “eyerolls” of being what their kids deem to be “snoopy”. It is a good resource for parents who have said that they give up on trying to keep up with advances in technology.
Clive McLaren had the privilege of meeting with Matt McKee via Skype, and obtained an interview that every parent will want to read.
Matt McKee’s interview will be in our November issue coming out THIS WEDNESDAY! Don’t miss it!