Dallas Jenkins is best known for directing his latest movie, The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, which was released January 20, 2017 in theatres.
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone is an inspirational comedy about faith and forgiveness. The main character, Gavin Stone, is a washed-up child star “bad boy” who is sentenced to do community service for destroying property at a party. The movie opens with Gavin who has just completed rehab and is given the choice to either do community service at a church, or jail time.
Not thrilled of the idea of returning to his hometown to face his father (nor mend the relationship), Gavin concedes and agrees to the community service.
Gavin begins his community service as a janitor, and manages to escalate his position to playing the part of Jesus in the church’s annual passion play by pretending to be a Christian.
Through a series of twists and turns, Gavin discovers that what once seemed important to him may not be as great as he thinks.
Dallas Jenkins also produced the independent feature, Hometown Legend, at age 25 and was able to have it distributed by Warner Brothers. He received notoriety with his directing debut short film, Cliche, and Midnight Clear featuring Stephen Baldwin. Midnight Clear won a Crystal Heart Award from the Heartland Film Festival. Midnight Clear went on to win awards in festivals nationally.
“What If…” starring Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson, Debby Ryan, and John Ratzenberger was released in 2010.
Dallas Jenkins is currently running Vertical Church Films in Chicago. He is directing and producing feature-length and short films. His two shorts for Harvest Bible Chapel entitled, “The Ride” and “Once We Were Slaves” won several festival awards nationally.
Faith Filled Family was blessed to interview Dallas Jenkins on his latest movie, The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, wherein he discusses the movie is greater depth, his personal life, and the inspiration behind the movie.
Our interview with Dallas Jenkins will appear in our June Issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine coming out May 26, 2017.
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019