Those who work in the five fold ministry: pastors, evangelists, teachers, apostles, and profits have been anointed and chosen by God to reside in this office. The keyword is chosen. God chose these people for this role within the church, and they are worthy of our utmost respect regardless of any personal relationship we may have with them.
Too often though, we slip into a pattern of disrespect, and many of us might not even recognize it. However, the result is real: you are messing with God’s chosen one. And NOBODY does that without serious consequence.
Have you fallen into these traps:
- Criticized the pastor for decisions they made, part of the sermon, dress etc?
- Criticized a leader’s behavior- not because of a biblical discrepancy?
- Gossiped about your minister?
- Listened to gossip about your priest?
- Created dissension or conflict against your pastor in church?
- Argued with your leader and/or raised your voice?
- Showed disrespect in any way?
- Called them by their first name (familiarity)?
Then you need to read the article by Lisa Carter entitled, “Show a Little Respect!” in our May issue on Business, Leadership and the Workplace.
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019