The Christian Post says that South Sudan local church officials have indeed confirmed a report recently released by the United Nations documenting the horrors of the South Sudanese civil war which includes mass rapes, abuse of children, abuse of the disabled, and many heinous forms of torture and death.
The United Nations report lists what they call “harrowing accounts of pro-opposition civilians killed by being burned alive, suffocated in containers, shot, hanged from trees or cut to pieces.” Reports of forced cannibalism are noted in the report as well.
The civil war commenced in 2013 when President Salva Kiir and his supporters came into opposition with former Vice President Riek Machar. Both Kiir and Machar form two clashing ethnicities in South Sudan.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights especially noted the amount and frequency of rapes in South Sudan is disturbing. Over 1,300 rapes were reported in one state alone.
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019