National Geographic channel just announced that The Story of God With Morgan Freeman will be returning for a second season.
Emmy-nominated, The Story of God was the network’s most-watched series of all time. Premiering last spring, critics called it “fascinating” (Wall Street Journal) and “eye opening” (MediaPost).
The series earned a 2016 Emmy award nomination for Outstanding Informational Series or Special. New episodes will take viewers on a global trip searching for answers to challenging questions through the lens of religion, science, anthropology and archaeology.
The second season of The Story of God with Morgan Freeman airs globally in early 2017 on National Geographic Channel in 45 languages, and in Spanish on Nat Geo Mundo. The first season is now available on Digital HD and is coming out on DVD.
The new season will answer questions such as, “Is There a Chosen One?” “Proof of God” and “Heaven and Hell.” For more information on The Story of God with Morgan Freeman, visit www.natgeotv.com or follow us on Twitter using @NGC_PR.
“Viewers around the globe responded in incredible ways to the first season of The Story of God, and we could not be happier to be teaming up once again with Morgan, Lori and James at Revelations to bring audiences more of what they love,” said Tim Pastore, NGC president of original programming and production. “This series is emblematic of the type of programming National Geographic Channel will continue to bring to the table — shows not only with great creative talent, but also that are thought-provoking and insightful.”
“I had quite a journey last season, but not just in miles covered,” said Freeman. “I met incredible people who opened my eyes and my mind to new ideas and new ways of thinking about faith, the world and all of humanity. I barely scratched the surface of what we can learn, and I’m looking forward to continuing this search for the meaning of life and religion and everything in between.”
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019