Teen Vogue recently published an article endorsing an abortion comedy tour which drew criticism from pro-life supporters.
The opinion post was published on their website on July 18 by Solange Azor regarding a group called the “Lady Parts Justice League”- of whom she interned with last year.
Azor calles the group “a grassroots, comedy driven, pro-abortion organization founded by comedian and activist Lizz Winstead in 2015.” The Lady Parts Justice League uses the art of comedy and performance to raise awareness about what they call “the erosion of reproductive rights”. They actively believe that anyone can be an advocate.
“Consequently, their style of comedy varies from staging counter protests at fake abortion clinics to posting online memes about harmful legislation in the United States.”
While Azor claims she was uncertain about the group’s mission to incorporate comedy with politics surrounding reproduction, she endorses the “Vagical Mystery Tour’s” methods of reeling people in with laughter, then reminding them that they, too, can be a pro-choice advocate.
The group is very active. They shout back at pro-life supports who are protesting at abortion clinics, and make jokes out of the situation. They additionally volunteer with the clinic when necessary.
“What makes Lady Parts Justice League critical in the current political moment is their ability to push both anti-abortion and pro-choice advocates to be unapologetically supportive of women that choose to obtain abortions, no matter what their reasons,” Azor said.
“Are these the messages that young girls need to be hearing?” she added. “This kind of extremism has no place in a publication marketed towards children, and yet, that’s exactly what Teen Vogue continues to do.”
Parents, is this the kind of message you want your children to read? That there is humour surrounding abortion?
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019