We are taught to tithe- to give God 10% of what we earn, or our first-fruits as instructed in Malachi. However, what do you do when there just doesn’t seem to be enough money to pay bills, eat and tithe? Do you forgo the tithe, or believe in faith?
It is a difficult situation to navigate through. On one hand, you want to be obedient to all that God requires of you, and in all things. However, we are still responsible for paying our bills. Scripture references paying those whom you owe as well. In this situation, you could suggest “bill juggling”, and this has worked for many who are looking to get out of debt. Unfortunately, you can’t juggle bills indefinitely, and while it may work for awhile, eventually the penalties begin eating up the little that you have left. So what does a believer do in such dire circumstances when it comes down to tithe or eat? Should we act in faith believing for the best as in the story of the widow’s mite, or do we believe that God understands our situation?
Rachel Anderson explores this interesting conundrum in our January issue as to whether to forgo the tithe, or keep believing in faith. She will also tackle how far to take this ie you don’t want your family to starve, either, and what you can do to get out of this situation, and back on your feet, again.
God never wants any of His children to suffer- lack is not His intent. While it may seem contrary to God’s Word that we would endure lack, we need to stand in faith that He will make a provision for His children- that they would not suffer needlessly. For those experiencing this, know that there is a God who hears your prayers. They will be answered soon.
Our next issue comes out on December 27, 2018, and is available on our website, through our free subscription, and across our social media.
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019