Did Twitter’s Actions Violate Freedom Of Speech?
Pro-life and free speech activists plant hold a protest and news conference in front of Twitter’s Corporate Office located in Washington, DC.
The event is to be held today, April 2, 2019 at 2:00pm at 800 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC.
This protest is in response to the social media giant’s censoring the movie, “Unplanned”, which they feel is a blatant violation of freedom of speech.
According to Christiannewswire.com, Brandi Swindell says, “Every American who cherishes free and open speech should be speaking out against the manipulation of Twitter and their misleading the public on how they operate as a corporation. We will be sharing our concerns with members of congress and the White House and exploring avenues to hold Twitter accountable.”
Twitter suspended the “Unplannedmovie” account on the nationwide opening. They commented that the account was suspended because it was linked to another account- a statement which was false. Unplanned only had one account, so if it linked to another, they feel that the linking itself had to have been done by their personnel.
“Unplannedmovie” went from 100,000 followers one day, and dropped to 151 yesterday- a stark decline in such a brief time period. Additionally, people who were looking to follow the movie were dropped from the system.
Participants in the protest are looking to speak with Congress and the White House regarding Twitter’s actions against the film.
The event is sponsored by the Christian Defense Coalition which promotes faith-based human rights and free speech. They are committed to sharing justice in the public forum.
“On their corporate website, Twitter says their values are; ‘We believe in free expression and think every voice has the power to impact the world.’ That is simply not true. After their treatment of the film ‘Unplanned’ and others, it is clear they are only interested in hearing ONE voice. Those who share left-leaning views.” commented Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition.
Founder and CEO of The Stanton Public Policy Center and Stanton Healthcare says, “”It is an outrage how Twitter has treated the film, ‘Unplanned,’ and violated their corporate values in the process. It is now apparent that Twitter is not a forum and free marketplace of diverse values and opinions but rather a mouthpiece of only voices they agree with.”
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019