While many of us are on the elusive hunt for fortune, fame, power, and wealth, King Solomon demonstrates that without godly wisdom, we will falter. It is a truth that he had learned in his day, and when he had requested wisdom from God, he was rewarded with fame and wealth because God was well pleased. Donna Gaines, who wrote, “Choose Wisely, Live Fully: Lessons from Wisdom & Folly, the Two Women of Proverbs”, utilizes the wisdom found in Proverbs 1-9 to help women to apply these same fundamentals to their lives.
“The moment we choose Christ, we can leave the broad path that leads to destruction behind and enter the narrow path that leads to life. It is as we choose Christ and His Word that we continue down the path of light that leads us to Christ. Wisdom will be our guide as the Lord reveals Himself through His Word.” –Donna Gaines
In her interview with Faith Filled Family Magazine, Donna Gaines contrasts walking in wisdom, with the folly of the fool. She talks about how a person who has lead a life of “folly” which has generated brokenness, unhappiness, and sorrow into their lives can turn things around and walk in wisdom. Additionally, she discusses the principle found when we read of King Solomon and answers the question of why pursuing wisdom is better than asking for riches or fame. She also brings a new take on the Proverbs 31 wife: that women are not expected to be perfect, (as many Christian women feel inadequate in attempting to be a Proverbs 31 wife), but that she was wise.
These insights and many more in our interview with Donna Gaines in our December issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine!
Our next issue is released on our website, across social media, and through our free subscription on November 27, 2017! Don’t miss it!
- Bitterness Is A Coping Skill For Pain- Not Just Anger - August 22, 2019
- Overcomer Movie: Can A Coach See Who He Truly Is? - August 22, 2019
- Christian Values: Did Society Uphold Or Erode Them? - July 31, 2019
- Kendrick Brothers Launch Another Stellar Movie - July 24, 2019
- Healthy or Sick:What’s Your Relationship Temperature? - July 16, 2019
- How Do You Overcome The Hesitation About Salvation? - July 12, 2019
- Children Reunited With Family After Homeschool Ruling - July 3, 2019
- Students Punished For Objecting To Participate In LGBT Lesson - July 2, 2019
- 1 Thing May Be Preventing Your Success - June 28, 2019
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019