Chicago Cubs, Ben Zorbist, helped the team propel their way into their first World Series appearance in 71 years. Zorbist is not only a great baseball player, but a bold Christian who has used his fame to proclaim the Gospel.
Zorbist started every World Series game, and is the Cub’s second basemen (although he has played 5 positions for the team). Most of his career was spent in Tampa Bay before signing with the Cubs for the 2016 season.
While Zorbist is ranked 13th this year, it is his faith that is attracting the most attention.
In a 2013 interview with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Zorbist said, “We know that as a Christian athlete, people are watching, and so we want to be the best example we can be and show that we are different – that Christ has changed our lives. But at the same time, I want people to know that grace is for everyone. We all need grace. We all need Christ.”
Ben’s walk-up song was a contemporary Christian song called “Alive” by his wife, Julianna Zorbist. Their book, “Playing With Purpose” highlights their career and faith.
Tom Zorbist, Ben’s father, is a senior pastor at Liberty Bible Church in Eureka, Illinois. He played college baseball at Dallas Baptist.
Ben says that one of the biggest things he is learning, according to the FCA interview, is that he has a great deal to learn about who God is.
“It’s allowing the truth to change you – allowing Christ’s message of grace and hope and love through the cross, that that message is the message that changes the way we look at everything in our lives.”
- Hurting, Abandoned, Rejected and Alone: Where Is God? - June 13, 2019
- Hey, Believer! Bold Enough To Share The Gospel? - June 5, 2019
- Warring Over A Worrying Demon- And Winning! - June 5, 2019
- You May Be Stolen From, And Not Even Recognize It! - May 22, 2019
- Save Chick-fil-A Bill Passes Texas House - May 22, 2019
- Funston Helps Moms With 3 Steps To Wholeness - May 20, 2019
- Peer Raising: Have We Lost Our Kids To Their Friends? - May 17, 2019
- 4 Methods God Uses To Correct You… But Lovingly. - May 15, 2019
- Senate Revives Controversial Save Chick-fil-A Bill - May 14, 2019
- How Does An Angel Like Satan Suddenly Turn Evil? - May 8, 2019